The importance of temperature checking in the workplace
At a time when hygiene and cleaning in the workplace is even more crucial, it’s important to have all the necessary equipment to hand including effective temperature checking devices and practices.
From COVID-19 to other infectious diseases, the regular use of temperature checking devices will help keep your workers safe.
ProtectaBull.com by Bull Products is your one-stop shop to protecting workers, bringing you current must-haves and seasonal necessities for Securing Your Safety in the food processing and manufacturing sector.
Protecting your workers against common infections
With many regions now on COVID-19 high alert, it’s important that workers are protected as much as possible and workforces are prepared with the correct equipment to protect them – and your business – from COVID-19. A high temperature is one of the main symptoms of the virus so it’s important to check workers’ temperatures as soon as they enter the building. This will allow you to make decisions much quicker, control the spread where possible, and put workers’ safety first – protecting your customers and reputation too.
Norovirus, commonly known as the ‘winter vomiting bug’ season is almost here. It is one of the most common causes of foodborne illness in the UK, spread through contaminated food and water. An infected person may be infectious for up to eight weeks, and food service workers should be symptom-free for a minimum of 72 hours before handling food. According to the Food Standards Agency, norovirus is responsible for around 380,000 cases of food poisoning each year in the UK. Temperature checking devices can help to control illness and infectious diseases before they have the potential to spread via your processing line.
Workers who are taking antibiotics may be susceptible to clostridium difficile (C diff) infection, which is highly contagious via touching contaminated surfaces. Gastric symptoms are often accompanied by a fever, so alongside regular and thorough hand washing, checking workers’ temperatures may help to control any outbreak in your workplace.
Monitoring the possibility of flu in a workforce is being given greater priority this year. A sudden fever is a typical symptom of flu and so early detection of any increase in normal body temperature can reduce the chance of the virus spreading throughout your workforce and compromising productivity.
Protect workers with ProtectaBull’s temperature checking devices:
- Digital infra-red, non-contact forehead thermometer which allows for fast and accurate measurement.
- Effectively measures high body temperatures (32.0-42.2°C).
- Simply point the thermometer at the subject’s forehead to measure the body temperature.
- Automatically saves the last measurement.
- Auto off function.
- Perfectly designed for use in industrial and commercial sites.
- The temperature screening pod enables quick and efficient screening of large numbers of workers in indoor areas.
- Rigid and durable, it features adjustable feet (to cope with floor level fluctuations) and metal to metal fixings throughout.
- Wipeable panels with durable edges.
- Supplied flat-packed with self-assembly instructions and a hex key.
All orders are shipped from our headquarters in Hereford, or our depots in London, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, and Kirkcaldy. Our team is on hand to provide you with all the information you need. For more information, visit https://www.protectabull.com or call us on 01432 804 408.