Fluoropolymers offer limitless possibilities to the food & drink industry
Thanks to their sterile and non-stick properties and resistance to high temperatures, fluoropolymers in food and drink applications help provide a safe and effective workspace. Specialist in fluoropolymers, UK manufacturer Adtech Polymer Engineering supplies a wide range of PTFE, FEP and PFA products to the food and drink industry.
Why fluoropolymers are essential to the food & drink industry
Also known as fluoroplastics, fluoropolymers are high-performance plastics with exceptional sterile properties and limitless possibilities. Not only are they inert and non-stick, fluoroplastics are also pure, non-toxic, bio-compatible and can be sterilised. In addition, PTFE, FEP and PFA benefit from other unique properties:
- Very high temperature resistance
- Total resistance to chemicals, acids and solvents
- Low friction characteristics and tensile strength
- Resistance to weather, UV light and corrosion
From cooking equipment to food coverings, conveyor belt rollers, UV lamp coatings, temperature sensor casings and non-stick surface covers, PTFE, FEP and PFA bring an abundance of benefits to the food and drink industry. Fluoropolymers can meet diverse environmental conditions and are ideal for keeping products uncontaminated, workers safe and productions running smoothly.
The use of fluoroplastic products in food & drink applications
To help provide a safe and effective workspace, Adtech supplies a wide range of PTFE, FEP and PFA products to the food and drink industry:
- FDA, NSF and EU 10/2011 compliant tubing: For increased safety
- Laser marked and printed tubes: For identification and traceability
- Encapsulated temperature and level detection sensors: For consistent, accurate readings
- Shatterproof lamp coatings: To contain glass fragments and protect food if damage occurs
- FEP roll covers: To eliminate the cleaning process, improve the potential for a quality concern and ensure minimal machine downtime
Using thermoforming, welding and flanging processing techniques, Adtech can also produce custom fabrications in PTFE, FEP and PFA in any size and in any shape. From coiled and flare-tipped tubing to ready cut tubing and tubing assemblies with applied fittings, custom fluoroplastic components are manufactured to fit applications precisely and save time, hassle and money.