Market-leading food contact conference, P&P, takes place this December in Vienna
Over 200 experts from across the food contact industry will come together in Vienna, Austria from 3 – 6 December 2018 to attend Smithers Pira’s P&P (Plastics & Paper in Contact with Foodstuffs) – http://www.foodcontact.com/plastics-paper.
P&P will provide an in-depth and timely overview of the latest EU legislation as well as a small focus on global regulations. Described as “The most important event in Europe on food contact regulations” by Dario Dainelli at Polymer Comply Europe, the conference provides delegates with a unique opportunity to stay ahead of the latest regulations in food contact, network with like-minded professionals and discover best practice in the industry. Companies speaking at the event will include BASF, Nestlé, Iceland Foods, Kraft Heinz, Barilla G. e R. Fratelli, Sherwin Williams, The Food and Environment Research Agency (FERA), CEPI and more.
Alistair Irvine, Business Compliance Manager at Smithers Pira comments “With a flurry of new food contact regulations; EU Regulations 79/2018, 213/2018 and 831/2018, there appears to have been a step change in the pace of legislative change. During this three-day conference, we will be focusing on these amendments and other compliance laws across the EU that are crucial for all businesses in the food contact arena.”
Attendees to the conference comprise of industry leaders and legislators from across the food contact supply chain such as regulatory affairs professionals, chemical manufacturers, material suppliers, brand owners and R&D scientists developing new chemicals for food contact applications.
With an increased focus for this year on all food contact materials including plastics, paper and materials including NIAS, inks, adhesives, metals and more, the conference will provide a much-needed overview of the sector and the latest EU regulations. Attendees have a choice of attending all three days, or for those with a specific focus, the event has been split into two-day tracks, with day one specialising on plastics, day two looking at plastics, paper and other materials and the final day focusing on paper. Giving delegates the opportunity to tailor their visit at a cheaper rate.
• Safety assessment for “complex” starting substances and additives used for coatings/printing inks, Dr Martin Klatt, Head of Product Stewardship Regional Business Unit Dispersions and Resins Europe, BASF
• Safety of packed food along the supply chain, Marja Pitkänen, Senior Scientist, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd
• Food contact materials: new industry perspectives, equipment and working tools, Antonio Nespoli, Global Quality & Food Safety Governance Director, Barilla G e R Fratelli
• The journey of removing plastics for all products – dos and don’ts, Ian Schofield, Own Label and Packaging Manager, Iceland Foods
• Compliance and risk assessment for food contact materials, Carlos de la Cruz Garcia, Head of Regulatory & Scientific Affairs, Nestle Nespresso S.A
• Plastic in contact with Foodstuff: Regulatory Framework in India, Monika Rawat, Lead Regulatory Affairs & Compliance, India, The Kraft Heinz Company
• Non-intentionally added substances (NIAS): Past, present and future, Dr Malcolm Driffield, Manager of the Packaging and Mass Spectrometry Solutions team, Fera Science Ltd
• Panel session: Shaping the future of food contact packaging in Europe, panellists include Iceland Foods, Nestlé Nespresso, CEPI
Delegates to the conference will also be able to book themselves onto one or both of the pre-conference workshops taking place on Monday 3 December. The morning session “Major regulatory scenarios that have an impact on food contact plastics” will be hosted by expert speakers from Polymer Comply Europe and European Plastics Converters (EuPC), whilst the afternoon session hosted by Dr. Alistair Irvine from Smithers Pira will look at “EU Regulation on Plastics – Solutions & alternative methods”.
For more information on Plastics and Paper in Contact with Foodstuffs visit https://www.foodcontact.com/plastics-paper/press
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities are still available. For more information about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities, please contact Stephen Frier on +44 (0)1372 802006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Smithers Pira
Smithers Pira is the worldwide authority on the packaging, paper and print industry supply chains. They provide world-leading expertise and market intelligence, and offer a range of testing services supported by comprehensive facilities in the UK and US. With over 80 years’ technical and scientific experience Smithers Pira helps clients around the world with their business and testing requirements.