TECTA™ – AUTOMATED MICROBIOLOGY DETECTION SYSTEM
TCS Biosciences Ltd have an exclusive distribution partnership with TECTA-PDS. TECTA-PDS is an innovative company that develops and provides fast, simple and accurate tools for monitoring the presence of pathogenic microorganisms in water.
TECTA™ Automated Microbiology Detection System
- Rapid detection of E.coli and Total Coliforms in one simple, fully automated test.
- Each TECTA cartridge contains all necessary reagents required for the test.
- Quantitative results in 2-18 hours.
- Simple test protocol, fully automated reporting of results.
The TECTATM System is a complete, self-contained automated microbiology testing system capable of providing laboratory-grade results on-site with unprecedented time-to-result performance.
Full automation of the test analysis and interpretation processes eliminates the need for subjective, visual interpretation of results. An objective, written test report is produced for each sample tested.
Extreme ease-of-use means that even non-technical personnel can initiate testing and perform all required quality assurance procedures to ensure laboratory-grade test results.
Features and Benefits:
- Rapid alerting with no fixed incubation delay
- Highly reliable with minimal sample handling
- No sample preparation or visual interpretation of results is required
- 4 or 16 random access bays, add tests at any time
- Automatic reporting of results that are sent directly via email notification to any device immediately upon detection
- Simple operation
- High dynamic range eliminates need for multiple dilutions
- Direct testing of turbid samples, without the need to clean up
- Industry-standard enzyme indicators of target bacteria
- Self-contained desktop packaging with touch-screen control
TECTA PDS uses industry standard enzyme indicators of target bacteria.
TECTA PDS automatically detects fluorescence which triggers the result.
The higher the contamination level, the more fluorescence and the faster the result.
The TECTA™ instruments can be used for a variety of drinking water applications including:
- RAW WATER (SOURCE WATER)
Regular monitoring of raw water using TECTA™ provides important intelligence early in the treatment process, avoiding water quality surprises down the road.
- PRE/POST TREATMENT STEPS
TECTA™ reduces the time it takes to get test results from days to hours, while making it easier to detect treatment failures much earlier, leading to improved system efficiency and preventing water quality disasters.
- FINISHED WATER (POST CLEAR WELL)
TECTA™ can rapidly confirm water quality before it leaves the treatment facility and enters the distribution network helping quickly to identify whether the source of the problem is in the treatment plant or distribution system.
- CUSTOMER HAND-OFF
Quick confirmation of the water quality at the hand-off point to your customers can now be achieved with TECTA™.
- BROKEN / UNPLANNED FAILURE OF PIPES
TECTA™ provides the fastest feedback possible on compromised water quality saving time and money by providing the “all-clear” much sooner, allowing construction crews to get back to work and water services to get back on-line.
- PIPE MAINTENANCE / PIPE REPLACEMENT
TECTA™ makes it easier to manage pipe maintenance programs, saving time and money, while bringing services back on-line quickly.
- RESPONSE TO CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS
TECTA™ will provide the most rapid responses to customer concerns, either providing reassurance about water quality, or an early warning that will save time and money down the road and reducing adverse impacts to public health.
- REMOTE / CHALLENGING DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM LOCATIONS
TECTA™ portability provides rapid results on water quality at remote and challenging locations, improving response time when corrective action is required.
- DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM
With respect to adverse compliance test results, TECTA™ can reduce the time between sampling and receiving the first adverse results, even making the re-test results available less than 48 hours after collecting the original sample.
Click here for more information.