The Complete Guide: Oil Removal Challenges (and Solutions) in the Food Industry
A Free eBook from Oil Skimmers, Inc. – The Oil Removal Solution Experts®
From farming, processing and packaging to oil extraction, transport and cooking, learn about real applications and determine the right oil removal solution for you. DOWNLOAD NOW
In nearly every segment of the vast food and beverage industry persists a costly problem: Fat, Oil and Grease (FOG) on wastewater.
This eBook walks you through oily water applications from eight key segments of the food industry. Learn about the types of solutions employed and equipment implemented to remedy the issues most commonly associated with FOG on wastewater, such as:
- Increased cost to the water treatment plant
- Increased cost of water discharge
- Environmental compliance
- Missed opportunity for a new revenue source
Where does the oil come from?
Removing FOG from water is an important problem to address in all segments of the industry. Oil ends up in wash water and wastewater in each of these applications:
- Farming equipment– From washdown of machinery and facilities
- Oil extraction– natural byproduct of extracting oil from plants and seeds
- Oil transport– Washing tank trucks
- Oil used for cooking or as an ingredient– Washing equipment and facilities
- Meat and fish processing– Natural byproduct in processing operations
- Packaging manufacturers– Hydraulic oil from machinery
- Canning operations– Oil from can seamers
- Cooking food for consumption– FOG builds up in grease traps
Downloading the guide could help you recognize how to save significant money, time and resources for your company.